Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip will make you want to eat your daily veggies! With only 50 calories per serving, this creamy, herby ranch dip is the perfect companion to crisp and cool veggies.
Why make Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip?
Years ago, a friend of mine gave me a ranch vegetable dip recipe and told me “This dip actually makes me WANT to eat vegetables”. I mean, that’s a huge endorsement for a recipe!
So I made a batch of that dip and she was right. It WAS delicious. It also had full fat mayonnaise and full fat sour cream and a zillion grams of fat and calories per serving. I couldn’t even justly eating it because I felt like it canceled out the health benefits of the vegetables that I was dipping in it.
So I decided to create my own healthier ranch dip that was so good it makes people want to eat veggies! And honestly, for only 50 calories per serving, I nailed it.
This recipe uses Greek yogurt and light sour cream to save on fat and calories, and just a hint of real mayo to make it delightfully rich and creamy.
What ingredients do you need?
- nonfat Greek yogurt (I recommend this one. Greek yogurt can sometimes have a sour bite to it, but this one has a nice and smooth taste)
- light sour cream (I like this one)
- mayonnaise (I use this one. Its my favorite go-to mayo for all recipes)
- dried parsley
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- Lawry’s seasoned salt
- fresh dill
How to make Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
In a medium sized bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream and mayonnaise.
Stir in parsley, onion powder, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
Using kitchen shears, snip the fresh dill off the stem and add to bowl. Stir everything to combine.
Transfer to a small serving bowl. Sprinkle with a bit more dill for garnish (optional). Serve with fresh vegetables.
What types of vegetables are good to serve with this dip?
- sliced bell peppers
- cherry tomatoes
What else can you eat Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip with?
- potato chips
- chicken nuggets
- buffalo wings
- tater tots
- potato skins
- jalapeno poppers
- fried pickles
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 spoon or spatula
- 1/3 cup fat free greek yogurt I prefer Fage 0%
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 T mayonnaise
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 3/4 t seasoned salt like Lawry's
- 1.5 T fresh dill
- In a medium sized bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream and mayo.
- Stir in parsley, onion powder, garlic powder and seasoning salt.
- Using kitchen shears, snip dill off stem and add to bowl. Stir everything to combine.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl. Sprinkle with a bit more dill for garnish (optional). Serve with fresh vegetables.